New Leader Bootcamp: The Fundamentals of Leadership
The New Leader Bootcamp is a comprehensive, multi-module course designed to give new leaders the fundamentals they need to be effective in their role. Participants will leave this course with knowledge of critical employment laws, how to accomplish work through others and what it takes to build and lead high performing teams.
This course was created with the busy leader in mind. Each module ranges from 15-30 minutes in length with the ability to move through each course at your own pace. To ensure you can quickly apply the knowledge you gained, each course contains reference materials including a Key Takeaways guide, sample templates and how-to videos that will further strengthen the application of the content learned. Participants will have access to all modules and reference materials for up to one (1) year following purchase.
The New Leader Bootcamp is comprised of three (3) sections:
Understanding and Navigating Employment Laws
It’s critical that all leaders are aware of employee rights in the workplace and are equipped to protect the company from legal liability by avoiding costly mistakes. In this section, participants will:
- Learn how to comply with federal wage & hour laws under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Gain a deep understanding of anti-harassment laws and management responsibilities under the Civil Rights Act (Title VII)
- Comply with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and confidently navigate employee medical issues
- Understand how to effectively performance manage employees and prepare for lawful terminations
Accomplishing Work Through Others
Many new leaders are challenged by moving from an individual contributor role into a position where work products are now accomplished through a team. In this section, participants will learn:
- How to gain respect and credibility from their team and peers in their new position
- Best practices on delegating effectively and monitoring completion of tasks without micromanaging
- Techniques on holding difficult conversations with employees and navigating conflict with ease
Building High Performance Teams
Developing and retaining talent has become a primary focus for most organizations in today’s labor market. In this section, participants will learn:
- Interview and selection techniques to ensure they hire the right people for their team
- Coaching techniques that improve performance with an emphasis on active listening skills and how to give and receive constructive feedback
- Diversity, equity and inclusion best practices with practical tips on creating an inclusive work environment
- How to drive employee engagement in hybrid or remote work environments
With hours of value-added content and dozens of downloadable reference guides, participants will leave this course ready to implement the knowledge they’ve learned. You’ll be equipped to hit the ground running and immediately put into practice the essential leadership skills proven to increase your confidence as a leader, quickly earn respect from your team and elevate your team’s performance.
Who Should Attend:
- Newly promoted leaders
- Leaders looking for a refresh on leadership fundamentals
- Employees being groomed for a leadership position
- Small business and non-profit leaders looking to elevate their impact
$1,800 value for only $1,497.